Wednesday, February 13, 2008

My Creative Inspirations

Observing the wild animals, birds, insects and vegetation is a favorite activity of mine during daily walks on the prairie surrounding my community. Each day the dog, my husband and I wander along many rough paths and fields in pursuit of exercise, sunshine and opportunity. I find wonderful nuggets of inspiration for my fiber art, a dropped deer antler, a turtle shell or fanciful twig. During these jaunts into the natural world of windy grasslands, wooded areas, shimmering lakes, and expansive horizons, there is bountiful inspiration. Oklahoma provides incredible vistas and wonderful color that feeds my love for the western tableaux that I favor in my artwork.

Because of the prairie winds that are frequently swirling around the grasses and weeds, I am reminded of the Louis L'Amour character that wrote little notes on slips of paper, tied them to the tumbling sagebrush and sent the messages on their way to wherever the tumbleweed bounced. And that very act of passing notes along is what I am starting today. Happy Trails.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wow - truely amazing quilts. I loved your comments about the different colours of the different seasons.