Friday, January 30, 2009

Studio Reorganization

Everyone hates to consider organizing h/her stuff. In the studio environment I believe it’s necessary in order to save time when the intense Creative Mode is engaged. Having to stop and search for supplies, tools and other items will severely hamper the process. I have just completed my studio refurbishing and reorganization, a great accomplishment for the New Year. And, yes, my studio lost body mass in the effort. That’s part of the Ruthlessness I mentioned in the previous posting.
Following the floor plan I prepared, all has been returned to the studio. Five-double stacked shelves contain most of the fabric (see photo below). Three bookshelves hold miscellaneous supplies, and notes books that are used frequently. The sewing machines, the chairs, the workstation and the cutting board are in place. And, most of my quilts are tucked away, either hanging on padded hangers or rolled on padded tubing.
Next posting: Making Tubes for Quilt Storage.

2 comments:

Morna said...

Wow! Looks great! Can I get digitals for my slide show?

Jamie Fingal said...

Wow. I love your stash wall. Amazing. All of those colors light up the room!