Sunday, October 11, 2009

The Alliance for American Quilts

This past week I was honored to be interviewed for the project called, "S.O.S.–Save Our Stories: The Alliance for American Quilts. I was interviewed by Karen Musgrave who asked me to share a photo of my quilt, Prairie Thunder, for the archives, and to discuss my work: what inspires me, what is my creative process for making my textile artwork, how did I become interested in quilts and other personal insights. I was also asked to provide my views on other quilt-related topics, such as the meaning of quiltmaking in women's history.



Prairie Thunder, 67" x 54" (in a private collection)

Knowing that I am one among 1,000 participants-to-date in this program, I was highly complimented by the invitation and thoroughly enjoyed the opportunity. To realize that my words and my voice have been archived for use by people conducting research, and I suppose, by those who may be curious, is a humbling thought. I am grateful.

2 comments:

Robbie said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Rachel Parris said...

Carol Ann, This is a well-deserved honor for you. All quilters' stories should be preserved. I just wanted to say how much your friendship and support have meant to me whether you realize it or not. Looking forward to seeing you again in Houston. You go girl!